This statement explains how the Hallé Concert Society (HCS) handles and uses personal data that we collect about trustees and committee members.
1. The Hallé Concert Society holds and processes information about you to enable us to fulfil our governance responsibilities as a charity and charitable company. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the Charity and manage our relationship with you lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Charity and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
2. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other sources such as referees.
3. The sort of information we hold includes your name, contact details, date of birth, application form and references; correspondence with or about you; details of other trustee and company involvement.
4. You may also be referred to in company documents and records in the course of carrying out your duties and the business of the company. This will include meetings attended and contributions made at meetings, as recorded in minutes.
5. Where we process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
6. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to pension or health insurance schemes.
7. In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA or to an international organisation to comply with our legal or contractual requirements. We have in place safeguards to ensure the security of your data. Please refer to the Data Protection Policy for further information.
8. Your personal data will be retained only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
9. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
10. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
11. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
12. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
13. Hallé Concerts Society is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA 2018 and GDPR.
14. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Chief Executive and Data Protection Officer of the Hallé Concerts Society