When We Sing is a new commission by the Hallé Concerts Society to mark the 10th anniversary of the Hallé Workplace Choir programme. It was composed by Stuart Overington and premiered in a live performance conducted by Stephen Bell as part of the Hallé’s Christmas Cracker concert at The Bridgewater Hall Manchester on 15 December 2023.
When We Sing is about the joy of singing, and how coming together to practice and perform can improve mood, even during the most difficult of days. It is a wonderfully uplifting and jubilant song.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the Hallé’s Workplace Choir programme, which brings the Hallé’s rich choral heritage into the workplace. By tapping into a team of experienced and inspirational vocal leaders, the competition offers a unique approach to wellbeing and teambuilding by bringing together employees at all levels through an activity that builds trust, improves communication skills, and boosts staff morale.
The performance features the Hallé Ancoats Community Choir and some of our Hallé Workplace Choirs:
- BDO LLP (Winners of the Hallé Workplace Choir Competition 2023)
- Siemens (Winners of the Sir Mark Elder Award 2023)
- The Nightingale Centre at Wythenshawe Hospital (Winners of the Sir Charles Hallé Award 2023)
- BAE Systems Air (Winners of the Siemens Audience Choice Award 2023)
- BAE Systems Maritime
- The Bolton NHS Our Voices Choir
- Stopchordians from Stockport Council
For more information about the programme, including how you can access a free taster session in your workplace, visit https://halle.co.uk/halle-workplace-choirs/