Almost a week on from Manchester Classical, we would like to thank everyone involved in such a wonderful weekend, from our partners at The Bridgewater Hall, BBC Philharmonic, Manchester Collective and Manchester Camerata to all of the other fantastic performers from the RNCM, Hallé Connect and Rakesh Joshi and his captivating Bharatiya Vrund Gaan Adult Choir. The weekend was a fantastic opportunity to showcase the breadth and diversity of Manchester’s Classical music scene and we were delighted to see 5,500 people enjoying the concerts, food, music-making and food over the weekend, many of whom were brand new to The Bridgewater Hall.
The feedback we have received from the press and audience members has been tremendously positive and we have compiled a summary of some of the press quotes and audience comments here, as well as some fantastic photos taken over the weekend:
Reactions from the audience:
- Just amazing. Like lots of other people at the moment, I have to think, can I afford to go to that concert? To be able to go to 5 amazing concerts in one day and all for £15! I’m not sure how you managed it, but thank you! It will probably be the highlight of my year – certainly my summer!
- I have lived in and around Manchester for the past 30 years or so and this has been one of, if not the best weekend of live music I have ever experienced. To see so many performances by world class orchestras and ensembles, with the wide range of musical styles and genres across the weekend has been truly a experience I will never forget. Thank you so much for organising and funding such a fantastic event.
- What a weekend – and phenomenal value if you bought the weekend ticket. The quality of every performance was so high…and we are so lucky to have experienced them.
- The quality of performance and mix of repertoire has been amazing. And brilliant value for the whole weekend! Please do it again!
- The best value entertainment of all time. I built my visit home to England from the USA around this weekend and it is a great way to end the visit. Your new conductor Mr. Wong is very exciting. A tremendous talent. The Hallé was as precise as ever and I appreciate the togetherness that Sir Mark instilled in the players. Please do this again next year. It was a remarkable success and I plan to return. Please thank the organizers staff and everyone who took time part.
- Brilliant to bring contemporary music, less known pieces even premieres. Felt far more inclusive as well.
- It was wonderful to bring my 3 children (12, 10 & 8). Classical music can be extremely expensive and it’s good to expose the next generation and inspire them to play instruments.
- It was superb and seemed well attended Will definitely look out for next year’s and do the full day.
- It was brilliant to see such a large and diverse crowd at the Bridgewater hall. Lovely idea to have day tickets – we’ve had a wonderful day. Please do this more often!
- This is an excellent idea to feature the brilliant musical talents of the Manchester orchestras and ensembles. I hope it will be an annual event.
- Superb – such a treat to hear Reich live, and Industry (particularly as a cellist myself) was a revelation.